Thursday, April 27, 2017

Kindness

The other day I was driving into work. I have to turn left into the parking lot, and there was a car coming out to turn right onto the road. It looked like they were going to turn out at the time that I was turning in, so I beeped. At that time I was annoyed and nervous that this moron was going to hit my car. Then, something happened that I was not expecting.

As I turned in and beeped, the woman waved and smiled at me. I turned from annoyed and anxious, to relieved and happy. Her smile and wave literally made me smile and lifted my mood. I wished that I had stopped and thanked her for that wonderful reaction. 

With that, remember that your actions do affect others moods and actions. Be kind. Smile. Heck, wave. It will make the world better, more enjoyable place to live. As they say, smiles are contagious.

xo (and a smile),

Samantha Jole

No comments:

Post a Comment