Thursday, July 20, 2017

My 10K Training

Hello all!



I am in the midst of training for the Philly 10K that will be held on August 27th of this year. The course, as the Philly 10K website states, "... starts on South Street near the intersection of 8th and explores large parts of South Philly and Center City before ending back on South between 4th and 5th Street." This should be a pretty cool race because most Philly races are held around the Art Museum, so it will be a new, interesting route. I have heard that they also do not give out medals, but a surprise trinket which is very exciting! I will be sure to let you know in my race recap post.

I started training for the 6.2 miler July 2nd and man has it been BRUTAL. The heat in the Philadelphia area has been pretty unbearable this past week. I ran yesterday in about 96*F, was supposed to run 2.5 miles, but stopped at 2 because I just could not take it anymore. I tried running in a shady area, but it did little for relief of the heat. 

With that being said, I have a 4 miler that I am supposed to be running this Saturday. I will probably try and get up early that morning to try and beat the heat, although looking at the weather it is supposed to be 80 by 8am! UGH!

I will also be traveling to Spain in the beginning of August. It looks like it is even hotter there, when I am scheduled to run 5 miles! I am not sure if I want to explore the city with my 5 mile run or if I will succumb to the "dreadmill". I guess we will see!

How do you get through hot summer runs??

XO,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment