Monday, March 4, 2013

Clutter, clutter, clutter!

If you had read my last post (or two?) you know that my Mom, Aunts, and I had gone through my grandmother's house to clean it out before they put it up for sale. There was so much stuff, you could not imagine. Right then and there I thought, I will NEVER make my family have to go through a whole bunch of CRAP when I am gone. Don't get me wrong, there were some good finds and great memories, but there was also a lot of tension and a few arguments.

I also feel that your home is a reflection of how you feel and how your life is going at the time. I think that my house is showing EXACTLY how I feel-- A MESS! Ever since I have graduated school, I feel like I have been in a constant struggle to find myself; who I am, what I want to do, my aspirations, my dreams. As of right now, I feel like I am in a fog and I can not see what I want. With that and the major clean out at my grandmothers, I have decided to let go and to clean out the house!

Here are a few examples of what we have going on:








Holy crap right!? All this stuff is a mix of Jared's grandmother's items and home improvements/things we have tried for the house that did not quite work out. Here is my plan:

1. Separate things in the basement we are going to keep, throw away, or sell. (Are you visualizing the girls in Sex and the City with their post-its?)

2. Go through room by room and do the same type of sorting as the basement.

3. Have a yard sale!

4. Use the money from the yard sale to better organize the left overs (tubs, shelves).

5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy my new organized home!

Look out for more posts as I de-cluttrer my space! I will live and learn, then hopefully give you great ideas and tips to de-clutter your home!

c'est la vie,
Samantha Jole

No comments:

Post a Comment