Friday, January 17, 2014

For Christmas, I asked for a lot of fitness related gear. I asked for a new water bottle, wireless headphones, a subscription to Runners World Magazine, and lastly a new gym bag. Look how pretty.   :D



After a good workout, I was packing up my things in the ladies locker room. I had the locker I was using wide open while I was putting away my head phones, etc. An older woman came up, sat her bag down, and stared in the direction of where  my locker was. I assumed she wanted to use the locker near mine, so I asked her if I was on her way. She stated yes, so annoyed, I closed the locker. I thought to myself, "Seriously lady? All the lockers in this dang locker room and you HAVE to use the one right next to mine while I am trying to get ready to leave?!"

Then, while bundling up, she complimented on how beautiful my bag was and could not believe it was a gym bag. She then said, "A beautiful girl needs a beautiful bag!"


This simple compliment made me so happy and made me feel TERRIBLE for getting so annoyed at that woman. Why did I have to get so annoyed? Maybe she is just a creature of habit or has some type of OCD where she NEEDS to use that  locker or she goes bonkers. Who knows? What I know now is that sometimes you have to just take a step back, relax, and not let petty things get to you. Life is too short to be miserable.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment