Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in.



Oh Irene, how I loathe you so. 

Last night, Jared and I were prepared. I spoke with my aunt in OBX and she let us know about how bad it was and how we should prepare since we haven't been through anything like this. We had out buckets of water and food ready. We were all ready for a relaxing night; Jared rented a movie and I sat down to start reading The Help. Not more than 10 minutes later, I hear a drip, drip, drip. It is our ceiling in the living room right where the window meets the wall. It is bad enough we are already sleeping in the living room because the section of our roof in our room is leaking from the last time it poured and we are waiting for the roofer to come out and fix THAT, but now the living room too??!!! It was really frustrating, but we made it through the night.

How did you survive Irene? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment