Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I feel summer creeping in.


|| one. Top Shop || two. Top Shop || three. Forever 21 || four. Zara || five. Zara || six. Zara ||


Per request, cough Stacy Cabin cough, I brought you my Summer picks! It is the official first day of Summer (as I type this it is 2:26 a.m.), so I thought today would be an appropriate time to post.

one. The swimsuit, of course! I am loving that they are bringing 50's style bathing suits back as well as one pieces! The bathing suits I put up have that era's feel with a modern twist.

two. Breathable shirts are a must. There is nothing worse than sweating outside and having your clothes stick to your body. Although I know a lot of people cringe at the belly baring shirts that are in stores now, I love them! They are not too short, fun, and easy to just grab and throw on. 

three. SUNNIES! Mine have to be prescription, so right now I only have a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers. If I could see without a prescription, I would definitely be grabbing either a pair of Cat Eye sunglasses, a-la Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, or the big tortoise glasses with the "angel wing" arms. Please ladies (and gents), no bug eyes and NO WHITE SUNGLASSES. UGH! They are by far the tackiest color to buy.

four. A floppy hat! Chic and helps steer away the aging sun! Pair this with SPF!

five. Cute sandals! Ditch the flip flops and get a good, cute, bright pair of sandals. They will instantly make you put more put together in the summer.

six. I love love love messenger bags for the summer, especially in these bright hughes! It is so easy to grab and go and makes it easier to juggle your iced coffee and cell phone! It is small, so you aren't lugging as much and is great for a walk in the park, music festival, or for a night out. No worries of where you have to put your bag!

After making this post, it just depresses me because I have no money to buy all these wonderful items! C'est la vie. Sigh. I hope that everyone has a great first day of summer and many more to come!

"JC" and Floydie on our vacation to Myrtle Beach two years ago. I go it put on canvas and is now on our living room wall.


C'est la vie dahling,

Samantha Jole



2 comments:

  1. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a floppy hat that I like. I searched the basics like H&M and F21 but no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been reading your blog. Great work.
    Am following.
    would love you to take a look at my blog
    Nick x
    www.predictablyirrational-nick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete